Re: [Healeys] first motion shaft identity and laygear endfloat

To: rdickson@midwestarchaeology.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] first motion shaft identity and laygear endfloat
From: Warthodson@aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 10:10:52 EDT
I am not sure I understand what you are saying below. Did you have  the
laygear machined & they didn't get the end perfectly perpendicular to  the
center line of the laygear? How did you determine that the gear needed to be
machined? Also, are you indicating that you are not using the original thrust
bushing, but rather a larger non-original bushing? I  would be very
concerned about installing a modified laygear with a thrust surface that is
not
machined properly.
Gary Hodson

In a message dated 4/18/2009 7:35:11 P.M. Central Daylight Time,