Re: [Healeys] Which Brake / Clutch Fluid In Australia?

To: Graham and Lorraine Wilkie <glwilkie@bigpond.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Which Brake / Clutch Fluid In Australia?
From: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 16:59:45 +0800
Graham -

Brake fluids, Dot 4 and Dot 3, are interchangeable and can be mixed between
brands.

The main thing is to look for a fluid that reduces its absorption of H20.
This is why LMA is preferred by so many Healey Owners.  So pick the one that
says it has additives to reduce H20 absorption.

That being said if you switch to a new brand of fluid, doing a full bleed on
the system would be recommended anyway - you're supposed to bleed your
system every 2 years anyhoo.

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1