Re: [Healeys] Which Brake / Clutch Fluid In Australia?

To: Graham and Lorraine Wilkie <glwilkie@bigpond.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Which Brake / Clutch Fluid In Australia?
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 11:51:35 +0200
Graham,
As Castrol GT LMA is not a silicon based fluid (DOT 3-4) you can use any
high quality DOT 4 brake fluid.
Flush the brake and clutch circuits using an Easy Bleed or similar if
the master cilinders are not recently renewed or overhauled.
The usual pumping method may damage the seals when they are pushed over
the ring of crud that forms over a period in the master cilinders.
Kees Oudesluijs