[Healeys] gearbox rebuild, ready to install

To: "'Healey List'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] gearbox rebuild, ready to install
From: "Randy Dickson" <rdickson@midwestarchaeology.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 18:48:09 -0500
Fellow Healeyoids,

After a month of the first drive of HBJ7L -20040 in 26 years, I have
installed new brake rotors, a new clutch, new throw out bearing and rebuilt
the gearbox.  The gearbox is mated to the overdrive now and ready to
reinstall in my Healey.  I sincerely hope that the 'clunking' has
disappeared.  I now have the original BJ7 box installed instead of a BJ8
box.  I have been turning the gearbox over by hand before it is installed
and have noticed a tight spot.  But,  AH HA!  I just had an epiphany, it is
the oil pump riding on the cam in the overdrive providing the resistance, so
I guess that I just answered my own question.  Anyway, wish me good luck
this weekend installing the gearbox.

Randy

Healey Archaeologist

63 BJ7