Re: [Healeys] Interesting ad on Craigs list for a 100 M

To: "Jerry Costanzo" <grumpyinloomis@ssctv.net>,
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Interesting ad on Craigs list for a 100 M
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 23:10:25 -0500
Does anyone else find it odd that the car was built in '56 and is registered
as a '55?, quite often it went the other way when cars were not sold until
long after they were built and so the registration is show a later year than
the model or build year.  Not saying the car isn't legit, a lot can happen
in 50 years, but would take a look at that issue and try to get the answer
before I plunked down the big bucks.

Lastly, the Healey as a salad bar thing is noted in the ad, I know we talked
about the one in Omaha, pretty sure that was a 6 cylinder car, but this one
is listed as having been in salad bar service too, perhaps in the 70s and
80s when it suddenly became fashionable for nearly all eateries to have
salad bars there was such a shortage of suitable hardware to build them the
derelict Healeys were put to use for tthat purpose throughout the country.

Greg Lemon