Re: [Healeys] Brakes

To: "healeylist" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Brakes
From: "Mirek Sharp" <m.g.sharp@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 13:20:29 -0400
Bob,

Almost for sure you have a leaky wheel cylinder or axle seal which has
contaminated the brake shoe and made the brake lining sticky, causing it to
grab before the other wheels.

Pull the drum off the offending wheel and see which is leaking and go from
there.  If the contamination is light, you may be able clean the old shoes
with a decontaminant - there were some postings on this a few weeks back.  I
have done this successfully a few times, but usually it does not clean them
completely and is generally better to get new shoes.

Cheers,

Mirek