Re: [Healeys] Castrol GT-LMA Brake Fluid

To: "Oudesluys" <coudesluijs@chello.nl>, "BJ8 Healeys"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Castrol GT-LMA Brake Fluid
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 12:30:19 -0500
I have used silicone with no problems with corrosion, leaks, spongy pedal,
or problems bleeding the brakes.

That being said if your concern is paint problems with spillage or leakage,
if your car has been painted with a modern catalyzed urethane enamel reports
I have heard and my own experience is the stuff is impercious to dot 3/4
brake fluid..

Don't know if this applies to all brands of the modern paints (I wouldn't
spill a few drops on my hood just to see what it does in other words) but
the brake fluid on paint issue may not be a problem if you have modern paint
on your car.

Greg Lemon

P.S. Enjoyed the sidetrack discussion on "gang warily" one of those always
wondered what it meant things, now I know..