[Healeys] Grille Install, WOW!

To: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: [Healeys] Grille Install, WOW!
From: "Mark LaPierre" <lapierrem@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 12:27:11 -0400
I know we have been down this road a lot recently but this is awful.

I thought I would try a dry run before I installed the front fenders for the
last time
and ran into a hell of a problem.   With the radiator shroud hanging in the
way, along with wiring
harnesses and front tire,   this is an impossible feet.   I was actually going
to install
the grille after getting the car back from the paint shop ,  and with the
front fenders already
on.  I just don't see how this is possible.   Not enough room to slide the
grille in without bending
it and totally scratching up  a new paint job.

Does anyone know how the factory went about installing grilles?   It was a
piece of cake when
I put the grille in place when the shroud was off the car.    Why not install
the grille loosely
before the shroud is installed and then install both units together onto the
car?

Any other advice as to how to do the grille install.

I have the double studs but they just seem to get in the way when coming in
from the side.

Thanks  MARK