[Healeys] BJ8 Keys Order

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] BJ8 Keys Order
From: "Dan Stromquist" <dan@warner-associates.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 10:30:43 -0500
After studying the archives (as Rich suggested) and reading Gary Anderson's
17 Oct 2008 posting and looking at some website pictures of FS keys it is my
conclusion that a FS key from a phase 2 BJ8 was hexagonal (which is
sometimes described as square-ish but does actually have 6 sides) and it
fits ignition/doors.  On one side says WILMOT BREEDEN and has the FS XXX
while the other side has MADE IN ENGLAND and UNION.  The glove box/trunk key
has the same markings but is round with a different FS XXX. So I sent an
e-mail to the vendor with my prospective order and he expressed some doubts
on those shapes.   My particular car is a 1964 BJ8 with ignition/door key FS
903 and glove box/trunk key FS 889.  Seems to be a lot of conflicting
postings on the shape (and if an extra ignition key was screwed into the
left VIN plate at the factory).  Does anyone have a for sure original set of
FS XXX keys that are hexagonal (square-ish) for the ignition/doors and round
for the glove box/trunk for a BJ8 around that date?

Dan