Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Tractability

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Tractability
From: "James Sailer" <bj8Healey@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 09:41:16 -0600
Results  ..  I tightened the U bolts on the rear yesterday and that did the
trick ...  Thanks all ... sometimes I just feel like a babe in the woods ....

Also .. I had queried the list concerning steering play last winter and got
various replies to check the steering box adjustment (as everything else was
fresh) ... I adjusted the box earlier in the spring and had not gotten out yet
.. and that too is now correct ..  no slop and it feels very good ...

last ... I had my front aligned last year so for those that commented
regarding my measurements with the string.  My observations were an obvious
artifact of the rear track being wider (which I did not realize)  ..

A last question that relates to tractability, As I increase speeds over 80 -
90 the front seems to lighten a bit.  Could this be an indication of needing a
little more toe-in?

Thanks again ....

Jim Sailer
66 BJ8