[Healeys] Healey Windscreen Replacement

To: healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [Healeys] Healey Windscreen Replacement
From: Mark Schneider <mandmschneider@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 07:35:01 -0700
A couple of years ago I replaced the glass in my BJ8 windscreen.
Whenever I go to the difficulty of removing a component, eg., the
windscreen from my car I go through the item fairly comprehensively.
After undergoing the effort to remove the item from the car I see no
reason to take shortcuts.  Mr. La Pierre's question seems to indicate
the rubber weather seal around the glass frame may not have been
replaced.  I don't know if the old one will now leak. But, I replaced
the seal as well as the windscreen to car body weather seal and
experienced no leaks at those locations.  However, I initially had
major leaks at the bases of the pillars, where they pass through the
body metal and down to the bolt mountings.  I recommend careful and
thorough repacking of glazing putty around the area beneath the hole
in the body metal.  Then test for water proof seal before the first
deluge from Mother Nature.

Marks 3
'66 BJ8