[Healeys] seat belt attachment question

To: "'healeys@autox.team.net'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] seat belt attachment question
From: John Loftus <loftusdesign@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 09:23:45 -0700
Hi all,

I'm trying to sort out my 3 point type seat belts on the BJ7. My
understanding is the drive shaft tunnel has an eyelet anchor point
(eyelet bolted to side of tunnel). The short belt (with buckle) is
attached to the eyelet with a hook type clasp.

My question concerns the outboard attachment. Is that also supposed to
be a hook type clasp going to an eyelet? Or does the outboard belt just
bolt directly to the floor? My belts have just a simple single hole
bracket for this end. I could bolt this to the floor but then the belt
routing isn't great i.e. it would be better if the belt bracket was
perpendicular to the floor.

The factory service bulletin A-437
<http://www.healey6.com/bulletins/Seat%20Belt-ASJ.pdf> shows some type
of 90 degree bracket. But at the same time they don't show any eyelets
and hook type clasps being used.

They also show the bracket for the rear wheel arch (shoulder belt
attachment) having a two hole bracket. My belt has just one hole in the
bracket.

Any guidance appreciated!

Cheers,
John