Re: [Healeys] Help from CA, NZ and AUS peers

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Help from CA, NZ and AUS peers
From: "J. Scott Morris" <jstmorris@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 08:34:27 -0700 (PDT)
Jody, that is one giant task you have picked up.  But as you say "it's better
to try and fail, than not try at all".

In addition to the "official" government base for tracking registrations and
vehicle ownerships, you may wish to try both vintage insurance companies and
enthusiasts vehicle registries.

For example, to get a list of the insurance companies, try googling [ "vintage
car insurance" Canada ] and change the country/province/state name as you go.
This will likely give you both companies and brokers in each country.  Your
task is going to be tedious due to privacy laws but if you approach it
carefully, you may convince the respective bodies to pass on your request to
the current owner[s].  I know, it is all a very long shot.

Good luck with your quest for a Automotive Family Tree  Jody.  Press On, Keep
Smiling and remember, Murphy Lives.  It will be very interesting to see how
you make out.

--Scott Morris; Simcoe, Ontario, Canada; '60 MkI BN7 & '62 MkII BT7
J. Scott Morris - Keep Smiling,  Murphy Lives

--- On Wed, 7/22/09, Jody Kerr <jodyfkerr@gmail.com> wrote: << Hey folks, This
question is specifically for my peers in the Canada, Australia and New Zealand
areas. I've been compiling a list of interesting cars owned by my family over
the years and I'm interested in trying to track down these cars to see what
has happened to them. Interestingly enough, we seem to remember our cars as
importantly as our genealogy.

What I really want to know is how well these three countries have tracked
registrations and vehicle ownership over the years and how willing they are to
give that sort of information out to requestors. Any tips and/or leads on who
to contact are greatly appreciated. My family has had Gullwings in NZ,
Ferraris in AUS, Minis in CAN, and a plethora of other british cars (E-types,
Austin Healeys and the like).

Consider this, if you will, an automotive family tree. I understand that the
likelihood of me learning anything usefull is near to nil, but it's better to
try and fail, than not try at all. >>
Looking for
the perfect gift? Give the gift of Flickr!

http://www.flickr.com/gift/