Re: [Healeys] Transmission troubles

To: writeian@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Transmission troubles
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 17:29:36 -0700
Are you sure?  I couldn't find 'EP75-90' anywhere on Redline's site:

http://www.redlineoil.com/products_gearlubricants.asp?categoryID=6

"EP" means "Extreme Pressure;" these oils have sulfur compounds added which are
known to be problematic with gearboxes containing brass (e.g. Healey
gearboxes).
  EP oils are usually used in hypoid differentials.

I've used Redline products for years and am very happy with them.

bs