Re: [Healeys] Transmission troubles

To: Writeian@aol.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Transmission troubles
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 14:10:58 EDT
Ian--

The designation 75/90 tells me it was GL5 diff oil which is a  different
product than the GL4 Manual Transmission oils (Redline MTL or  MT90).  I don't
know what was the nature of your friend's transmission  failure and it
might or might have been related to the lubricant, but it  certainly helps to
use the correct and recommended product.

FWIW I use MT90 in my Healeys which both have Toyota 5-speeds and  my Elva
which has an MGA non-overdrive CR transmission, all with good  results. I
have no financial involvement with Redline though I sure wish I  did!

Best--Michael Oritt

In a message dated 7/28/2009 1:22:39 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,