Re: [Healeys] Real-time Help Needed

To: <mewilliams@comcast.net>, Webmeister <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Real-time Help Needed
From: Richard Collins <gonnagitcha90@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 13:27:33 -0700
Check you battery connections to be sure they are clean and making good
contact on it and the ground.

RVC of KY

60 BN7 #440

> Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 19:44:09 +0000
> From: mewilliams@comcast.net
> To: healeys@autox.team.net
> Subject: [Healeys] Real-time Help Needed
>
> Lusters,
>
> Im on the side of the road in my 55 BN1. I turned off the engine to go into
a store. When I came back to turn on the ignition there was a single click
from the starter (or solenoid, not sure) and then nothing. I noticed that the
fuel guage goes to empty and the horn does not work. Checked both fuses and
they are good. If I turn off the battery switch in the boot and then turn it
on again, the horn works again and if I turn the key the fuel guage comes back
up to half (which is correct). If I press the start button, I hear the click
and the fuel guage goes back to empty and horn does not work. Turning the
battery switch off then on resets everything. The engine had just come up to
operating temp so I dont suspect heat is an issue. Ideas?