[Healeys] Fw: Real-time Help Needed

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Fw: Real-time Help Needed
From: "Ray Carbone" <racarbon@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 2009 11:37:03 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: Ray Carbone
To: mewilliams@comcast.net
Sent: Saturday, August 08, 2009 9:49 AM
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Real-time Help Needed

Mike,

After you have verified your battery connections (per lister suggestions), I
would check the power passing to your regulator and ignition switch.  Although
my experience is primarily on BJ8 electricals, and I understand prior model
ignition and regulator systems may be somewhat different, I would expect them
to be somewhat similar.  If I were having this problem on my BJ8 phase 1, I
would reflect on the fact that power passes from the battery, through the
battery-side solenoid connection, to the regulator (brown wire).  One brown
wire on the regulator goes to the ignition switch and another goes directly to
the unswitched portion of the fuse block (horn).  Having a problem connection
at the regulator could result in insufficient (or no) power being delivered to
the horn and/or ignition switch directly which would then reduce (or
eliminate) sufficient power delivered through the ignition switch to the gas
gauge (switched side of the fuse block) and starter solenoid.

In short, check the brown wires connected to your regulator, fuse block and
ignition switch to see if all is well.

All the best,

Ray Carbone
BJ8 Phase 1