[Healeys] Speedo

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Speedo
From: "R. Price Lindsay" <price@advocateadvisors.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 11:57:49 -0500
First I would like thank all those listers that have helped me out
over the last month or so-it's really appreciated!  I hate to be a
pain in the rear but I have, I hope, one final question.

I put my second angle drive with washer and a new cable on my BJ 8
this morning and took it for a drive. The readings were smooth without
any jump in the needle at slow or fast speeds. My only question/issue
is the speedo does not read anything until about 20 mph. At that point
it works like a charm. When I slow down below 20 mph it reads
perfectly. Once I stop and start again it doesn't read until 20 mph
and then it's fine.

My question has two parts 1) has anyone had a similar experience or
have any ideas on why this would be happening and what a fix would be
and 2) before I take off for a long drive am I running a risk of
breaking another angle drive??

Thank you again for your valuable insight.

Price Lindsay
67BJ 8