Re: [Healeys] 6 cyl + trans lift point

To: "andy pole" <ampole@hotmail.com>, <fsufan1952@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 6 cyl + trans lift point
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 21:45:44 -0400
I totally agree with Andy re lifting points for the entire engine and
gearbox of the six cylinder models. One point I would add is to make sure
everything is bolted down tightly against the rocker pedestals. If they are
left loose to allow the brackets to swivel, etc. you may bend the studs and
/or crack a pedestal.
I'd also add that the use of an adjustable fulcrum lifting device as in
Andy's pictures is also a "must have". The angle of adjustment as everything
goes in needs to be altered as it goes, and this device will allow that to
happen safely and effectively, shroud in place or not, gearbox attached or
not..

Rich Chrysler