[Healeys] Help again

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Help again
From: Richard Kahn <tahoehealey@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 17:01:04 -0700
Here is what I found and did. I tightened all the groundings and
checked all wires going through any metal (fire-wall). Charged and
filled (distilled water only 1/8 below tell-tail) battery. Test drove.
No power shut down. Still got falter randomly. Checked the timing which
had been done in June before the Jackson meet. This was interesting
cause it had advanced to 25 BTDC. (remember the points had closed
before all this started)I reset everything. I had previously tried to
rock the dizzy to check the bearings with no play(cold). After a 20
minute drive I checked the timing and it was erratic. When I tried to
move the cam, I could get a small bit of movement(hot). I guess I need
a dizzy re-builder. There was one mentioned a few months ago. Does
anyone remember who he was?Anyone have any thoughts? I need to do a
drive which is 250 miles round trip. Think I will have any problems as
this hesitation has been going on for years?
Thanks a million times,
Rich