Re: [Healeys] Help again

To: "Richard Kahn" <tahoehealey@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Help again
From: "GUY DAY" <grday@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 10:15:58 +0100
Richard,

It would appear you have a confusion of problems.
1) A wandering timing problem.
This may well cause a hesitation in the engine but it will not cause the
failure of everything else electrical.  Worn or stretched dizzy clamp for
that degree of turn over a short period?
2) A failure of everything electrical.
This has to be from a communal source whether it be on the ground or live
sides.  This is one of the silly problems where you have to let it fail
before you can start diagnosing where too look.  My very quietly placed bet
is on the fuse box.

As for the trip:   Go for it - you'll curse yourself if you don't and have a
good tale if you do.

Best of luck with it

Guy R Day.