Re: [Healeys] o/d issues

To: <healeymanjim@hansencc.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] o/d issues
From: WILLIAM B LAWRENCE <ynotink@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 04:29:31 +0000
Jim,
When it happened to me it was the o-rings on the outer circumference of the
pressure accumulator. Replacing them was pretty simple once I got the liner
out. I would certainly check those before pulling the trans. (Advise courtesy
of Dave Porter.)
Bill Lawrence

> From: healeymanjim@hansencc.net
> To: healeys@autox.team.net
> Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 03:50:44 +0000
> Subject: [Healeys] o/d issues
>
> my brother and i just took about an 800 trip in his healey up to portland
and down the oregon coast.  this was the first long trip since the engine
rebuild and everything worked great except for the o/d.  it took a long time
to go into o/d and it was almost imperceptable sometimes because it took so
long to engage.  going up hill and downhill it would slip out or try to
disengage.  on flatland it seemed to do fine.  since i am a pessimist and
always assume worst case scenario, my feeling is that the oil pump or the
pistons have deteriorated and cannot hold it in o/d.  before we pull the o/d
and tear into it is there anything that we are missing, i.e., electricial
malfunction or operating valve.  it worked fine last summer and he did not use
it since then.  any help appreciated.   hjim