Re: [Healeys] o/d issues

To: "'Tom Felts'" <tomfelts@windstream.net>, "'Bob Spidell'"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] o/d issues
From: "Dave Porter" <frogeye@porterscustom.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 07:43:07 -0600
Jim,
 You sort of answered your own question in saying it worked last year but
after a long period of non use it has developed this symptom.
 First, if it engages, albeit slowly then it is not an adjustment issue.
Second the worst thing for any car, especially immersed rubber parts is non
use. So the most likely answer is the accumulator o-ring(s). As Bill L
noted.
 These can be done in-situ in most cases. Call for help, too much typing...
Dave

frogeye@porterscustom.com

Porter Customs   2909 Arno NE
Albuquerque, NM USA 87107