[Healeys] 1959 100-6 Overdrive question

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] 1959 100-6 Overdrive question
From: S and T Miller <stmiller96@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 14:44:31 -0400
I previously rebuilt my 100-6 59'  gearbox and OD unit.  I am leaking oil from
the valve operating shaft on the setting lever side.  Later OD units had a
seal (inside) there, but the early ones didn't.  I thought about putting an
o-ring on the shaft and have it sandwiched between the setting lever and the
housing, but thought it might interfere with the lever operation.  Anyone ever
come up with a good solution for this?  Shawn

The Millers
"British Car Nuts"

1957 Austin Healey 100-6 BN4 35299

1959 Austin Healey 100-6 BN4 77219

1965 MGB 40841

1960 Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite AN5 34351