[Healeys] Can I Lock Up The Engine? (BJ8).

To: Healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Can I Lock Up The Engine? (BJ8).
From: Graham and Lorraine Wilkie <glwilkie@bigpond.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 17:06:53 +1000
Hi Listers,

The large cranknut in front of the damper and pulley on my 29K series
engine is a bit loose and requires tightening. (The lock tab on the
washer beneath the cranknut hadn't been properly bent over the flat on
the cranknut). With the radiator and fan removed I can get onto the
cranknut with a 1-11/16" open ender, but the trouble is that the engine
turns when I try to nip it up, even with the car in gear.

Would somebody please tell me if there is any way I can safely lock up
the engine, to enable me to properly tighten the cranknut?

Thank you.

Graham Wilkie.
HBJ8L / 32382