Re: [Healeys] Exhaust system advice needed

To: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Exhaust system advice needed
From: "Eric (Rick) Wilkins" <e-wilkins@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 14:19:55 -0700
I understand what you're getting at. The "what" is that 50 years later
we know that a Healey came from the factory with a fairly restrictive
exhaust system. We also know that by increasing flow, we can gain a
bit of added horsepower--without changing anything else.
Sure, with newer cars being tuned pretty well from the factory, gains
from a simple exhaust "upgrade" are very limited. It's not rocket
surgery.
Get a dyno, measure a stock spec Healey, and measure one with a
freeflow exhaust. I'd bet that you'd see an improvement.