Re: [Healeys] 50 Best cars of The 60's

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>, "dwflagg" <dwflagg@juno.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 50 Best cars of The 60's
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 14:00:19 -0400
It all depends on what criteria they were considering to make that rating of
"the best". Was it somebody's personal opinion, was it sales numbers, was it
a public opinion poll? As you mention, it seems it was "their choice".
Reminds me of a popular choice vote at a multi marque car show. My opinion
of "the best Healey" in attendance compared to the general public's opinion,
varies greatly. Therefore somebody who strives to do a really accurate car
will fen lose out to something that's very modified, flashy and grabs the
public eye. Opinion polls to me mean very little.
In all likelihood the staff of that magazine who made up "their choice"
likely haven't had the chance to experience all the cars in the running, so
again, it means very little.
As to the MGB, I've had a few early ones (all pre '70's) over the years and
they are very pleasant, forgiving, reasonably good looking British sports
cars that are fun to drive, easy to maintain, and are within the price range
of the masses, so I could see why they would be on the list.

just my opinion....

Rich Chrysler