Re: [Healeys] Stripped shock mount nut

To: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Stripped shock mount nut
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 19:02:54 +0200
AFAIAC on aluminium or any fairly soft material which is fastened with a
steel bolt you first use a thickish flat machined steel washer with an
OD of about 3 times the bolt diameter, then a lock tab washer, (split
lock washer if you must) or, if that is not used, locktite or a nylock
nut. For very critical applications use lockwire.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL