[Healeys] Insulation Recommendations

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Insulation Recommendations
From: Carlos Cruz <healey3000bn7@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 13:29:27 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Fellow Listers,

After returning home form SEC earlier this week it became apparent I would have
attend to my interior.  It rained 6 of the 7 days we were traveling.
Everything got wet and stayed wet.  I removed the carpet when I returned home
so that it would dry.  The insulation material installed 8-10 years ago was
shot.  I had to pitch it.  So now I need to put something new in before
reinstalling the carpet.

I've been looking at the Dynamat Xtreme and Dynamat Pad as a possible
candidate.  I see they use the Dynamat Xtreme product on the Overhaulin' cars.
I also know that Koolmat is becoming popular too. I am leaning toward the
Xtreme & Pad combination, but before I decide which way to go, I was wondering
if anyone had good experience with any other options.  Given the expense I hope
this is the last time I have to do this.

If you have experience with the Xtreme product, how clean does the floor and
sheet metal have to be prior to installation?  I appreciate any advice.

Cheers,
Carlos Cruz