Re: [Healeys] Insulation Recommendations

To: <healey3000bn7@yahoo.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Insulation Recommendations
From: andy pole <ampole@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 21:27:33 +0000
Carlos

I used dynamat extreme for the bulkhead and floors and found it very easy to
install (on new floors, freshly painted, just had to clean the dust off. I
didnt realise how good it was till i purchased a cheap copy sheet to finish
off and cover the gearbox cover with (cheap butyl copy off ebay uk that stuck
to itself and was like treacle). Where as the extreme was easy to lightly try
for fit, and reposition if needed before strongly pushing on using a wall
paper edge roller. I made rough templates out of newspaper which I then marked
onto the extreme backing paper.

The only other thing I did with the dynamat was to tape over all joins and
edges with a roll of aluminium lagging tape (the type used on office air con
or steam pipes). Hopefully this will stop any butyl from sticking to the
underlay on the edges.

Theres a pic here: http://www.austin-healey3000.com/currentstate.htm

I highly recommend the extreme for ease of use. I would assume if an old floor
is dry and clean from dust it will stick just as well, and maybe even better
to any old tar paper residue.

cheers Andy