[Healeys] Missing in action?

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Missing in action?
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 22:29:36 EDT
In a message dated 9/28/09 4:06:25 PM, healeys-request@autox.team.net
writes:

> I think  that's why we see some people who were at one
> time very frequent  contributors (Michael Oritt, Mike Salter, Gary
> Anderson,
> Roger Moment, Ed  Driver, Olin Brimberry, Jack Aeckerlin, for example)
> more
> or less disappear  from active duty.

I'm still here every day (in fact, I don't bother to look at the other
Healey lists that have emerged by people thinking that wheels need to be
re-invented with prettier spoke colors). I don't respond as often because most
of
what I'm fairly sure I know has to do with originality, and most of that is
either in our book now (which 9,500 people own, believe it or not) or in the
Concours Standards, or Rich Chrysler beats me to it.
Like Mike, I too have some things I have faith in, including Pertronix
ignitions, silicone brake fluid for hobby/classic cars, Valvoline VR1 oil for
Healey engines, Texas coolers, stock radiator baffles, Water Wetter instead of
antifreeze, and the wisdom of insulating the interior of the car. Even much
of this gets argued over periodically, which hasn't yet shaken my faith in
these tenets.
But I still enjoy reading the questions and answers every day.
Cheers
Gary