Re: [Healeys] Removing brake lines from Aluminum wheel/master

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Removing brake lines from Aluminum wheel/master
From: "BJ8 Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 17:16:47 -0400
Hi, Don -
The safe way to do it would be to soak the joint in PB Blaster or some such
penetrant over a period of time until it comes free.  Turning the nut first
in the tightening direction slightly, and tapping on the cylinder and/or nut
to set up vibrations to help the penetrant to penetrate might also help.

Whenever I assemble threaded hydraulic fittings, I always use Teflon tape on
the male threads to make sure the threads don't seize for me (or the next
owner, after I'm dead).

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry