[Healeys] healey leaks

To: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>,
Subject: [Healeys] healey leaks
From: <healeymanjim@hansencc.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 20:31:02 +0000
i have just finished taking my trans and o/d out of the bj8 to put new gaskets
in and stop the leaks.  my next door neighbor owns an experimental airplane
that he built and he recommended some sealer called MotoSeal from permatex that
he uses on his airplane.  i used it to put the trans and o/d together with new
gaskets, filled it with oil and let it sit for two weeks with no leaks yet.
have not driven it yet but will check everything close for leaks before i use
it anymore.  i cannot find it at any autoparts store or motorcycle shop in
vegas.  looked on the internet but they want to sell only cartons of six, and i
will never use that much.  will give a report after driving the car a few
months to see if it is any good for the long haul.   hjim