Re: [Healeys] Coolest Cars

To: "'insptwo@msn.com'" <insptwo@msn.com>, healey help <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Coolest Cars
From: "Quinn, Patrick" <Patrick.Quinn@det.nsw.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 11:57:28 +1100
G'day Bill

While I have never owned one, I have had the chance to test and write about a
number of Citroens.

These include the 2CV, Light 15, DS21 Le Caddy, DS23 EFI Pallas and SM.

Each of these could be called really cool and for different reasons.

Without doubt my favourite was the DS21 Le Caddy. This model is a very rare
convertible that is beautifully appointed and so opposite to an Austin-Healey
in that you feel completely separated from the undulations and noise of the
road. The Maserati engined SM was also fun and quick, but I didn't like its
steering that wanted to forcibly self centre.

They do not have hydraulics jacks for tyre changing, but you can set the
hydraulic suspension so that the car leans into one corner to such a degree
that opposite wheel is lifted off the ground.

By the way quite a few real Healey models did have built-in hydraulic jacks
for tyre changing.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia