Re: [Healeys] Arizona Hundred

To: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Arizona Hundred
From: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 17:10:31 +0800
Kees -

The Datsun 240/Fairlady motor is a different Datsun only design, but the
manifolds will take SU 1.75" and 2" carbs.  In the 1980s in California it
was impossible to find HD8 carbs from the local autojumble because every
Datsun 240 hack had pilfered the BJ8 carbs.  It took me at least 3 years of
searching until I found the set on my BJ8.

Actually the old Datsun 1500/1600 was a Datsun design motor also, I believe,
but the gearbox mounts were designed to fit up to Austin/MG gearboxes.

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1
'59 Jag Mk IX