Re: [Healeys] Arizona Hundred

To: "Oudesluys" <coudesluijs@chello.nl>, "Greg Lemon"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Arizona Hundred
From: "Peter Linn" <greylinn@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 20:24:08 +1000
G'day

My BN1 with the Holden (GM) V6 was originally intended to have a Rover V8
but I understand that was bit to tight a fit, hence the V6 (which fits
nicely). I've seen one with a Mitsubishi V6, and another with a Nissan twin
cam 4 in NZ.

Incidentally, we're all inclined to throw up our hands in horror (me
included) at "foreign" engines  - but when the Austin 4 was going out of
production, and had one of the above been available, what would DMH have
done (if he wasn't tied to Austin)? Look at the Nash deal for example. The
above V6, for example, is lighter and more compact than the Austin 4, goes
in really with only the mountings changed, and produces 165bhp! That's why I
decided eventually to stick with it (it also has, horrors, an auto gearbox!
But my wife only drives auto, and I can't drive both at once!)

Cheers

Peter Linn
BN1 222490 Ward Spl coupe (original motor)
BN1 223926 Holden V6