Re: [Healeys] Austin Healey dealers in US

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Austin Healey dealers in US
From: "BJ8 Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 10:33:09 -0400
Hi,
I've attached a list of BMC dealers in Washington state.  There is no clear
date on this list, but the document it comes from has on the front page 20M
11 59, so that may be a date.

Be aware that the BMIHT certificates identify the Port of Entry of the car,
but the actual selling location may be in another state.  I suppose it
depended on where the demand was for the cars at the time it entered the
country.  For example, my BJ8 entered at Charleston, South Carolina but it
sold to its first owner at a dealer in Raleigh, North Carolina -- another
state and 300 miles away.  I just came across another BJ8 that entered at
Jacksonville, Florida and sold new in Tennessee.

Happy Healeying!
Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry