Re: [Healeys] Just when I thought is was safe....

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Just when I thought is was safe....
From: healeyguy@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 22:27:22 -0400
Don't get to concerned if your panels don't measure out exactly the
same.  The applies to all the panels. I was recently fitting rear
fenders to a BJ8 and sampled 5 lefts and two right rear fenders.
Lengths, distance from the top of wheel opening to the beading, curve
of the top of the fender, etc varied all over the place. Basically
unmolested panels. The two doors on that car are, front to rear, 3/16
inch differnet in length at top. Also 1/4 inch difference top to bottom
along the door gaps. Front fenders along the bead off by almost 3/16
inch. This is a 1965 so things didn't get much better from the original
fit on our BN2. Ever study the rear lower tail lights on a 66-67 BJ8?
One pressing in the shroud for the tail light is almost always 3/16 to
5/16 higher than the other side.  Makes things insteresting when you
line up the bumper with the lower edge of the truck opening and the
lights seem to be off.
Aloha
Perry

My BJ7 also has one door shorter than the other. >