Re: [Healeys] King pin lubrication

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>, "Stephen Hutchings"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] King pin lubrication
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 13:32:58 -0400
Stephen,

The lower portion of the king pin is drilled hollow for the grease fitting
on the very bottom to push the grease up inside the kingpin and out the
grease hole of the pin to the lined up spiral grease channel in the lower
bushing.
To review, there are 3 grease fittings per kingpin assembly. one to the
upper bushing, one (as above) from beneath, feeding up thru the pin to the
lower bushing, and the third being into the end of the lower trunnion. I
always assemble these lower trunnin bushings so the grease fitting is on the
forward one, an easier loaction to reach all the grease fittings from one
position. I also make sure the top and bottom fittings are 45 or 90 degree
ones so the nipples all face forward.

Rich Chrysler