Re: [Healeys] Volvo SU Carbs?

To: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>, Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Volvo SU Carbs?
From: Joe and Lenore Armour <sebring@illawarra.hotkey.net.au>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 21:39:40 +1100
Bob Spidell wrote:

>Just read the same article--wish it had talked about the Laycock deNormanville
>O/D the car probably had (excepting the mention in one of the photo captions
>of an 'electric overdrive'). How the heck did he get 2.5M+ miles on THAT???!!!
>Musta used MT-90 ;)
>
>Anyway, it appears the P1800 used HS6 SU carbs:
>
>http://www.classicvolvoparts.co.uk/pages/Volvo%20P1800fuel.html
>

>bs

JENSEN  Motors
The very same company that sub-contracted the assembly of our Austin
Healey cars, less drive train, also assembled the early Volvo P1800s  so
there is a lot of British in them there Volvos.
After despatching the Healeys on the back of a truck they arrived at the
MG assembly line (Abingdon)  for their motors,g'boxes and diffs plus I
think wheels