Re: [Healeys] Volvo SU Carbs?

To: Joe and Lenore Armour <sebring@illawarra.hotkey.net.au>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Volvo SU Carbs?
From: Pieter and Linda <pieters@pt.lu>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 11:34:50 +0100
I own two 1800's. An early jensen built P1800 and a late 1800E and
they are an interesting collection of British and European bits. They
have Bosch electrics ( coil, starter and generator/alternator) but
smith instruments. Bosch headlights but Lucas taillights. The volvo
gearboxes where taken from larger saloons ( the one in my 1800E is
from the 164) so they aren't stressed and the later overdrive is also
more often used in heavier more powerful cars. With regular oil
changes and proper maintenance, high milages are not uncommon. Also of
interest is the poor panel fit and tendency to rust that plagues the
Jensen built cars,
cheers
Pieter