Re: [Healeys] torque spec.exhaust to block

To: Mark LaPierre <lapierrem@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] torque spec.exhaust to block
From: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 13:26:48 +0800
Mark -

Permatex Anti-seize is the best thing ever invented.  I think it's rated to
1,900 degrees.  It never goes away and keeps the rust off, permanently.  I
always use it on all bolts and nuts when assembling.

When I worked at The Geysers Geothermal Energy plant in N. California back
in 1985, we used the stuff to keep pipe bolts and nuts from corroding
together - the superheated steam we piped from a couple thousand feet down
has all sorts of sulfur, Hydrocloric, Sulfuric, and other nasty corrosive
acids which would reduce steel to rust in a couple of weeks.  Whenever we
used that stuff, we NEVER had a problem with disassembly.

Smell is there for about 5 minutes after start-up, then dissappears.

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1
'59 Jag Mk IX