Re: [Healeys] Truth or Fiction in Car Storage

To: 'Richard Gordon' <HealeyHundred@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Truth or Fiction in Car Storage
From: Ray Juncal <healeyray@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 20:19:15 -0800 (PST)
Geeze Patrick you live in a real zoo.
Ray

--- On Tue, 11/3/09, Quinn, Patrick <Patrick.Quinn@det.nsw.edu.au> wrote:

From: Quinn, Patrick <Patrick.Quinn@det.nsw.edu.au>
To: "'Richard Gordon'" <HealeyHundred@comcast.net>, "healeys@autox.team.net"
<healeys@autox.team.net>
Date: Tuesday, November 3, 2009, 2:48 PM

G'day Richard

I agree. We live on what use to be a small farm and the cars are kept in what
used to be a machinery/milking shed. Mice were a problem and it was always
easy to see where they had been by their droppings.

A few years back one of the kids yelled out to his mother not go into the
barn. I went to investigate and curled up on a workbench was a large diamond
python that had a pronounced bulge along its body. If you didn't know, a
diamond python is a harmless snake, unless of course you are a mouse. Since
then we have encouraged the python to stay by placing the occasional piece of
snake food out for it to eat. We know it's still about by its droppings which
are rather big.

Just last Sunday I saw a sizeable Blue Tongue Lizard coming out of where we
keep the Healey Duncan. Blue Tongues are wonderful for keeping pests down in
and around the garden including slugs, snails, spiders and insects. They also
like to pinch the dog food.

Thankfully the venomous black and brown snakes stay outside where they belong
with the spiders.

However we do have both ring-tail and brush-tail possums that like to sleep in
amongst the car parts. The brush-tail is the largest at about the size of a
domestic cat and being protected I leave them alone. They can be a pest,
especially when they get in the house and rip curtains to shreds.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia