Re: [Healeys] 100 Engine rebuild

To: Tadeusz Malkiewicz <tadeusz.malkiewicz@plusnet.pl>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 100 Engine rebuild
From: John Harper <ah@jharper.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 08:36:37 +0000
Tadek

Just one comment. Did you check that the sump gasket had holes in it
where these should line up with those in the block.

In particular the one just outboard of the oil strainer return pipe.
There were in the past gaskets around without this hole and this might
cause the oil pressure relief valve not open correctly. A higher than
comfortable oil pressure can then happen with possible damage to the oil
pump. I have seen one example of excessive oil pressure lead to a
sheared oil pump drive.

Regards

--
John Harper