Re: [Healeys] Silicone DOT5 brakefluid for the 100

To: <twillig@ruda.de>, <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Silicone DOT5 brakefluid for the 100
From: <Josef.Eckert@t-systems.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 10:19:11 +0100
Thomas,
I use Silicone DOT5 brake fluid in my 100 (as in any of my other classic cars)
for about 10 years. When filled in first I realised a problem with the master
cylinder. I had to change the seals in it with new ones, and problem solved.
Since I can only recommend to use DOT5. Its the best I have ever done as
brakes are concerned. No mess with leaking and paint eating brake fluid
anymore.

Josef Eckert
Konigswinter/Germany

-----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----