Re: [Healeys] Silicone DOT5 brakefluid for the 100

To: <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Silicone DOT5 brakefluid for the 100
From: <Josef.Eckert@t-systems.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 20:10:13 +0100
Most of my friends use DOT5 and half of them just put DOT 4 out, cleaned a bit
and filled in DOT 5 and it worked and still works for 100000nd of miles. I
changed it in my cars when restored a car. So brake system was free of DOT4.
For me the positive aspects of DOT5 are much more valuable than the small risk
of spongy brakes I may have but never realised on 3 different classic cars.
You can have brake problems also with DOT4 and even more if you do not change
this stuff every 2 years.

So what, there is always a risk to drive a car which is not up to date with
current safety standards.

Josef Eckert
Konigswinter/GERMANY

-----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----