Re: [Healeys] Now LED's

To: "Mr. Bill" <bn1@pacbell.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Now LED's
From: I Erbs <eyera3@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 21:39:39 -0800
Thanks
my car is negative ground

sent from my cellular PDA
I Erbs

-----Original Message-----
From: Mr. Bill <bn1@pacbell.net>
Sent: Wednesday, November 25, 2009 8:06 PM
To: healeys@autox.team.net

Alan and List,

First, there is a very big warning:  All LED's that I know of are
NEGATIVE GROUND ONLY!  Hook them up the other way and in about two
seconds you'll get a flash and a small amount of smoke being let out of
the bulb.

(I am talking about running and tail lights only, not the reflector to
bulb conversion.)  The bulbs Alan mentions are the only way to go.  If
you replace the tail/brake lights only, they will work with your stock
flasher, although they will flash a little more quickly.  If you decide
to go all four corners, you will have to replace the flasher with an
electronic one.  They can be purchased from Pep Boys or where ever for
~$14.  The bulbs will fit under your original lenses.  No other
modifications, e.g. adding a resistor, are necessary.

The only problem is that they won't seat in your Lucas bulb holders!  I
have these bulbs in stock and for sale which have the additional
machinings so they will fit.  They are direct replacements:  Remove the
lens and 1157, insert my bulb and replace the lens.  I always advise
that you first do one side and compare it to your other tungsten light.
Believe me, you will be amazed.

I also have LED replacements for the lights in the instrument cluster.
With them, you can actually see your instruments when driving at night!
As LED's are only on or off, you should not replace the generator
light.  How many of you have trafficators that don't cancel?  This bulb
will make your green roadster indicator so bright that your friend three
Healeys back will be able to see it and it'll be a clue you to turn it off.

If your car is negative ground or you are considering making the change,
please contact me off List for prices and information.  For the
holidays, what better way to celebrate than buying yourself an early
present to make your loved ones, Healey and passengers, more visible and
safer?

Bill
Red Car Enterprises