Re: [Healeys] cold air box 3000

To: I Erbs <eyera3@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] cold air box 3000
From: "Eric (Rick) Wilkins" <e-wilkins@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 10:26:10 -0800
The works cars don't have anything that "pushes" air into the carbs.
Air is pulled in through long runner type manifolds. The obvious idea
of the cold air box is to get cooler air than a hot engine room has.
Engine room temps on works Healeys were lowered by the use of the wing
vents, opened up mesh grills with special  aluminum plates that
directed more air through the radiator and fresh air intakes on the
sides to feed outside air into the carb area.

Wilko