Re: [Healeys] "No,

To: Guy R Day <grday@btinternet.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] "No,
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 15:15:07 +0100
As it is likely that both cars are driven by the same loop on a crash
test facility, both cars were travelling at 40mph in opposing
directions. There are not to many crash test facilities around that can
handle 80mph.
Anyway it does not matter what speed both cars are travelling as long as
the difference is 80mph in opposing directions.
They way a car is built is not important, the forces generated during
impact on the occupants (and pedestrians) are although one folows from
the other.

The G-levels correlated with injuries all started with Colonel John P.
Stapp way back in 1947 in the Mojave dessert.

Kees Oudesluijs
NL