Re: [Healeys] Start of the Japanese Auto Industry

To: Chris Dimmock <austin.healey@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Start of the Japanese Auto Industry
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 14:54:25 +0100
Chris, I cannot agree on that. There was no way a Sprite could compete
with the S800. OK, it was a bit spartan, but so was the original Sprite.
Later Sprites and Midgets had a different suspension set up that was a
lot more compliant
The Honda watercooled engine was a gem which could take 10.000rpm quite
easily if balanced and was very tunable. On the track it ran rings
around the Sprite with its fairly agricultural engine.
They were quite popular track cars here at the time together with BMWs,
DKWs, Abarths, Coopers, Glas', Alfettas etc.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL